Summer House Blackheath is located in the south-east corner of the garden of a modernist house built by the renowned architect Peter Moro (in 1957), where existing mature trees create a visual buffer between the garden and surrounding properties.
The summer house is characterised by two main volumes that fold creating an enclosed space; following the canopy of the mature trees. A timber entrance ramp becomes a small terrace, leading into the main sunroom. It frames two visas; towards the main house and the garden. The orientation of the building aims to maximise the amount of daylight within.